With our remote location and small group of visitors coming each week to a wilderness area , Hawley Mountain Ranch should provide a less worrisome environment of peace and comfort for those eager to get on with a more normal life. We are excited about the upcoming season and look forward to seeing former guests and acquiring many new friends as well.
In regards to the COVID 19 issue, we feel fortunate to live in Sweet Grass County which has no cases of the virus at this time. The state of Montana has the lowest per capita rate of COVID-19 in the nation. Whenever you venture out in society there is a risk, but Montana is one of the safest places to be at this time.
A few UPDATES below to inform those visiting or wanting to visit us in 2020 about the steps we are taking to provide as safe of an environment as possible at the ranch:
- The 2 week quarantine for out-of-state visitors is being lifted on June 1. We will open for business the week of June 14th.
- At times you will be in fairly close contact with about 30 people during your ranch stay which could have some inherent risks.
- Temperatures and screening of guests and staff will be undertaken.
- Our method of serving buffet style meals will be altered.
- Spacing of dining tables will be done as much as possible. The lodge deck also offers more social distancing for meals.
- Sanitizing of tables, chairs, bathrooms, doorknobs, horse tack, and other surfaces touched by individuals will occur as reasonably as possible.
We will continue with our summer plans as usual until we learn of reasons not to do so. It is our hope that anyone with reservations will forge ahead with your vacation plans, so that we can provide you with a safe and enjoyable time in a great Montana wilderness.