With our remote location and small group of visitors coming each week to a wilderness area , Hawley Mountain Ranch should provide a less worrisome environment of peace and comfort for those eager to get on with a more normal life. We are excited about the 2021 season and look forward to seeing former guests and acquiring many new friends as well. We are very thankfull to have finished the 2020 season with no COVID infections of guests or staff during or after their stays.
In regards to the COVID 19 issue, we feel fortunate to live in Sweet Grass County. Whenever you venture out into society these days there could be an inherent risk. Although Montana has had spikes in the virus, it is still a fairly safe place to vacation.
A few UPDATES below to inform those visiting or wanting to visit us in 2021 about the steps we are taking to provide as safe of an environment as possible at the ranch:
- The 2 week quarantine for out-of-state visitors was lifted on June 1, 2020, and we plan to open for business the week of June 6, 2021 if no future quarantine is issued.
- At times you will be in fairly close contact with about 30 people during your ranch stay which could have some inherent risks.
- Temperatures and screening of guests and staff will be undertaken.
- Spacing of dining tables will be done as much as possible. The lodge deck also offers more social distancing for meals.
- Sanitizing of tables, chairs, bathrooms, doorknobs, horse tack, and other surfaces touched by individuals will occur as reasonably possible.
We will continue with our summer plans as usual until we learn of reasons not to do so. It is our hope that anyone with reservations will try to avoid chances of exposure to COVID as much as possible in order to forge ahead with your vacation plans. That helps us provide a safer environment for you and others, so everyone can enjoy their time spent in this great Montana wilderness.