Hawley Mountain Guest Ranch Activities
A full week stay at Hawley Mountain Ranch can include these wilderness ranch activities:
- HORSEBACK RIDING provides an excellent way to explore the great outdoors in an unspoiled environment. Western-style riding with wranglers, fine horses, and unique scenic mountain trails in the wilderness. Rides go daily, either morning and afternoon rides or an all-day horseback ride up into Meatrack drainage. Beginning instruction provided. Riders should be atleast 6 years old because of the mountain trails on which you ride. A horse is selected to match your riding skills. That horse will be yours for the week!
- FLYFISHING. Second to none, with exceptional catches of trout on our one mile of private river frontage surrounded by 1,000,000 acres of pristine wilderness. You may want to join in on beginning fly fishing instruction on our private trout pond (catch and keep to eat). You will be provided with tips on fishing the Boulder River (catch and release). You're in for a real treat.
- HIKING, guided or unguided, to unique places. Our location is ideal to provide a refreshing unspoiled environment for nature exploration on foot. Trails take you to mountain lakes, mountain slopes, a prospector's cabin, Indian caves and archeological site, and much more!
- GHOST TOWN AND GOLD MINES. Take an unforgettable jeep trip to Independence ghost town and gold mines. Poke around sites looking for nuggets, fish at Blue Lake, or climb Monument Peak, breathtaking at 10,996 feet.
- BOAT FLOAT down the scenic waters of the Yellowstone River. Follow the route taken by explorer William Clark in 1806.
- CAMPFIRES AND COOKOUTS. Our charming informal ranch atmosphere creates opportunities for delicious hearty Western cookouts- tasty cuisine and plenty of it! Guests enjoy sitting around a blazing campfire sharing stories or songs, while others try their hand at volleyball or horseshoes.
- PREHISTORIC INDIAN ARCHEOLOGICAL SITE to explore dating back 11,500 years. This site on our ranch was excavated by Montana State University in 1978.
- EVENING ACTIVITIES in a wilderness setting. Plenty of fishing in the river or pond is available. You're free to walk or hike wilderness trails, bird-watch, or admire a vast array of wildflowers. Wildlife sightings occur frequently, such as elk and their young, moose, coyotes, and occasionally, a bear. Play horseshoes, volleyball, board games in lodge, read, or simply do nothing. The choices are yours!
Our goal at Hawley Mountain Ranch is to provide you with fun-filled days, tranquil nights, and a wilderness experience that will calm your soul. We want your authentic Western vacation in our spectacular mountain wilderness surroundings to be one pleasurably etched forever in your memory.